Laundrex Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
By placing an order, you therefore agree to these terms.
Laundrex reserves the right to change the Terms from time to time. We will notify you of any changes which may affect you by email.
These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services by you (the Customer or you). We are Laundrex, a company registered in Cyprus whose office is registered in Cyprus.
These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Services from the Website and our App if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
The Terms restrict our liability to you in certain circumstances.
2. Interpretation Contract
means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
An event outside our Control
any occurrence or circumstances over which we have no control including the unavailability of any service, provider or key materials without which we are unable to provide the services;
mean any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
any garment or article collected from you in connection with an order;
means the Customer’s order for the Services submitted on the Application;
mean the personal dry cleaning or laundry services collected from and delivered to your nominated address;
any third party we contract with in order to assist us in providing and fulfilling the laundry services;
mean these Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time;
means Laundrex, part of MRIA MEDIA Ltd, a company registered in Cyprus.
means our website www.Laundrex.cy on which the Services are advertised.
3. Placing an order
When placing an order with us, please ensure that you have checked the details of your requirement before submitting it. We will not be liable to you for errors or omissions you make. Each item needs to be correctly identified. If you have made a mistake, please contact us immediately so we may rectify this for you. A contract is only formed between us once we have sent you an Order acceptance. This email will include your billing information.
Each order will be assigned an order number. This order number needs to be quoted in all correspondence and contact with us.
All Services which appear on the Application are subject to availability. If we are unable to fulfil your order, we will notify you in writing as soon as practicable.
4. Changes to an order
Changes can be made to an order 4 hours prior to collection or delivery time as set out in the order acceptance. Changes can be made by contacting our Customer Care at email@example.com.
We may make changes to your order as an alternative to cancellation at our discretion but with your consent.
Any changes to your order will be confirmed in writing by email.
5. Order Cancellation
You have a right to cancel your order only under the following circumstances:
Up to four hours prior to collection or delivery time as set out in the order acceptance email
After we have collected your items if we have been affected by an event outside of our control by contacting our customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree that once your items have been collected from you, that rights of cancellation have expired and will be lost. We reserve the right to charge you for orders cancelled in breach of this Clause.
6. Our rights to cancel an order
We may cancel your order and subsequently the contract formed between us under the following circumstances:
As a result of an event outside of our control;
If you fail to make the items available for collection as agreed within the order confirmation
If we consider any item not to correspond with the order placed and accepted, is damaged, contains
No item description or cleaning instructions or does not fall within the specified items which we accept.
If we cancel your order, we will notify you in writing by email as quickly as practicable;
You will not incur any charges for cleaning already carried out;
We will ensure items are delivered back to you at the original delivery time or as soon as reasonably practicable.
7. Customer Responsibilities
You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us with all information required to perform the Services.
Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
8. Collection & delivery
We will endeavour to collect and deliver cleaned items to you at the times specified in the order acceptance. However, we do not guarantee to do so. Any delay in our performance of collection and delivery will be communicated to you as quickly as possible by email.
If you are unavailable to accept delivery of items, we will contact you to rearrange a suitable time.
When re-delivery is attempted and you are not available at the designated time, we apply a re-delivery charge of €5 for each redelivery attempt. We will endeavour to agree a mutually agreeable re-delivery time with you.
In cases where delivery is urgent, it is the customer’s responsibility to arrange collection from us with a courier at our facility.
Failure to accept delivery of items after 90 days from the date of order acceptance will cancel the contract between us and we may dispose of the item or donate it to an accredited charity of our choice.
You may give us permission, in writing, to leave an item in a specified secure location without providing us with a signature of acknowledgement. If you do so, it is at our discretion and entirely at your own risk and we will not be liable to you under any circumstances for damage, theft or loss or items delivered under this clause.
We only offer 24-hour service in certain locations and may be affected by items and services selected.
9. Standards of service
All our work is conducted in line with good industry standards, reasonable skill and care.
We will not be held liable for any delay or non-performance of services where it is shown you have failed to provide us with accurate information at the time of order placement. We cannot accept an order that has an incomplete or inaccurate address or if you fail to accept delivery of items as specified in your order.
We will contact you in the event the item sent to us is of a higher risk of damage including but not limited to:
- ● Items requiring special treatments or instructions for cleaning
- ● Items where there are no cleaning guidelines present
- ● Items which are damaged or stained
- ● Items containing extraneous or hazardous materials, including pins, jewellery, coins, pens, etc. We provide the services to you at our discretion and we may, with your consent, agree to provide the services regardless of the risk of damage. Wash and Fold Orders Please ensure to thoroughly check all the garments for hazardous items, e.g. coins, pens, keys, etc. as we accept no responsibility for any items lost or damaged as a result of the cleaning process. Each bag is limited to a weight of 6 Kg. You are required to instruct us if there is any item which requires special care such as hand wash, items unable to go inside a tumble dryer. Failure to do so, any damages will not be held responsible by us. Washing and Drying Process The load is washed at the temperature as set out in our temperature choosing service within our preferences section, then tumble dried where appropriate at a medium heat. Please note that the items are not ironed. Where instructions not given, we wash standard at 30 degree and tumble dry at medium temperature, any shrinkage during the process is not covered for compensation. Colour Separation We will separate the clothes into lights and darks for you. Although we will take the utmost care in doing this we will accept no responsibility if there is any bleeding or colour transfer during the cleaning process. Bag Size, Price and Weight We will measure the laundry by weight. The minimum weight is 6kg and every kg over 6kg we will charge accordingly. We will update this after we have weighed it at the facility and you will receive a confirmation email. Any orders below 6kg will be charged at the Wash, Dry & Fold price. The price will be charged at £2.00 per kg on a pro rota / adhoc basis once its exceed the minimum bundle of 6 or 12 kg. Damaged Items
We will not be liable for damage to items as we wash by the load and do not inspect the care labels of each garment. For garments that need to be specially treated, i.e. leather, silk, cashmere, fur, velvet and other delicate garments, please ensure that these items can be machine washed and tumble dried.
The Wash and Fold will not include any Duvets, blankets or bedspreads. If these are included, then it will be added as an individual product under a new order and your bill will be amended accordingly.
Laundry items are tagged by the load and not individually tagged. Therefore, we cannot accept any liability for missing items.
10. Personal information and registration
When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
10.1 Garment Damage Policy: Whilst every care is taken handling your clothes, if you believe that we have damaged your garments in any way please contact us within 24 hours. We will do our best to resolve the situation. We will investigate thoroughly and if we feel that we were negligent, we shall pay fair compensation based on the current value of the garment. This is usually around 1/3 the value of the item or 5-10 times the cost of the dry cleaning depending on the life of the garment.
10.2 In the unlikely event of loss or damage to an item, Laundrex will pay compensation in line with the Fair Compensation Guidelines as provided by the Textile Services Association.
The Textile Services Association guidelines indicate that fair and reasonable compensation be paid on the basis of allowing for wear and tear and the age of the item. It is considered reasonable for Laundrex to ask for receipts, bank or credit card statements confirming the purchase price prior to agreeing to any compensation. Failure to produce a valid proof of purchase may limit the compensation amount offered.
10.3 Subject to the following subparagraphs, we will be compensated (in accordance with 11.1) for loss or damage which is due to Our Negligence.
10.3.1 We will not be responsible for any single item valued at more than €500 unless we have received (and acknowledged) notification via email to email@example.com.
10.3.2 Uncollected items may be disposed of after 90 days. We will not be held liable for any loss that you may suffer in such an event.
10.3.3 If you believe the depreciated value of your garment/item exceeds 10 times our service charge, please declare the value. In which case the garment/item will be serviced at 1/10th of the declared value of the item
11. Fees and payments
The fees (Fees) for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Application at the date we accept the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed price or on a standard daily rate basis.
Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date we accept your Order and the date of payment, We will have to adjust the rate of the VAT that you pay
You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services.
The price of the Services will be set out in Our price list as set out in the App or at www.laundrex.cy and will be the price in force at the time you place your Order. Our prices may change at any time, but price changes will not affect Orders that We have accepted prior to the increase.
12. Our liability to you
In the unlikely event of loss or damage to an item Laundrex will pay compensation in line with the Fair Compensation Guidelines as provided by the Textile Services Association.
This indicates that fair and reasonable compensation be paid on the basis of allowing for wear and tear and the age of the item. We reserve the right to ask for receipts, bank or credit card statements confirming the purchase price prior to agreeing to any compensation. Failure to produce a valid proof of purchase may limit the compensation amount offered.
Subject to the following, we will be compensating for loss or damage which is due to Our Negligence.
We will not be responsible for any single item valued at more than €500 unless we have received (and acknowledged) notification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to order.
We will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage that is foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of Our breach or if it was contemplated by you and US at the time we entered into a contract for the Services.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage (including, without limitation) any colour loss, shrinkage or other damage, resulting from the following:
● failure to notify us of any special requirements or instructions for cleaning the Item;
- ● the fact that the Item has no label indicating cleaning instructions;
- ● any existing damage to the Item at the time of collection;
- ● any extraneous objects left in or on the Item, including but not limited to: coins, buttons, jewellery, cufflinks, collar stiffeners, pens or tie clips
- ● and extraneous packaging provided with the Item, including but not limited to: clothes hangers, suit bags or personal laundry bags We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability for:
- ● death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- ● fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- ● breach of the terms implied by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- ● defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- ● We will not be liable for any consequential loss.
- ● We will not be liable for any damage to buttons, zips, and other similar parts (fastenings/belts/embellishments/etc or lost of the items if not mentioned while placing the order.). 13. Quality guarantee Each and every item is checked before it is delivered to you. If for any reason you are not happy, please contact us within 24 hours from delivery and we guarantee to re-clean your items free of charge. Any complaints under this clause 13 made outside of 24 hours will be considered on a case by case basis at our discretion. To request re-cleaning for your items, please email our Customer Care team, outlining the problem and attach any relevant photos. A Customer Service agent will contact you to arrange a suitable time for recollection. 14. Conformity We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
● be of satisfactory quality;
- ● be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- ● conform to their description.
It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials. We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care. In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account when deciding to enter this Contract, or when making any decision about the Services after entering into this Contract. Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later). 16. Duration, termination or suspensions The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services. Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by a written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other:
- ● commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or
- ● is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation. On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected. 17. Governing law, jurisdiction and cancellation
The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of Cyprus.
Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Cyprus.
We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs, customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
Model Cancellation Form To
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] [for the supply of the following service [*], Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received)
Name of the consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper) Date